How to use the learning pathways summary page
updated 2 months ago
What is the learning pathway summary page?
You can think of a learning pathway summary as the 'Home page' for the course you would like to take (or are currently taking). A learning pathway summary page serves two purposes:
- To give you all the necessary information to help you make an informed a decision on whether to take the pathway
- To help you keep track of your progress through a pathway
Whether you're looking to start a pathway, halfway through a course or finished. A learning pathway summary page gives you all the quick information you need to decide what you want to do next.
Learning pathway summary page explained
The learning pathways summary page has three main sections which are highlighted in the image below:
- Introduction video
- Pathway quick look
- Pathway details
1. Introduction Video
Sometimes you know exactly which pathway you want to take and start straight away. Sometimes you need a bit more information. And that's where the introduction video can help.
The introduction video is a short 'Hello' from the individual who has put together the pathway (known as the curator) to help you to:
- Learn more about the pathway.
- Get to what is covered in the pathway and the ultimate goals of the pathway
Once you've watched the video, you'll know whether the pathway is right for you to take.
2. Pathway Quick Look
The course quick look gives you all the important details you need to tell you:
- Who curated the pathway
- Which instructors you'll meet through the pathway
- What skills you will learn
- How you're progressing throughout the course.
Depending on where you are in the pathway you will see three different pathway quick looks as shown below:
Each view offers your different details depending on where you are with your pathway:
- The first view shows you everything you need to know to get started with your pathway. Clicking 'Start Pathway' will begin the course and take you to the first lessons.
- Once you've started your pathway, the Quick look changes to share details on your progress. Sharing how many lessons and activities you've completed. Clicking on 'Continue Pathway' will take you to the next lesson that needs completing.
- Once you've finished your course, you can head back to the learning pathway summary page to see what you've achieved. You can also click 'Review Pathway' to go to the first lesson and look over the work you've done.
3. Course Details
Still, want to learn more about what courses are in the pathway or a bit more about the instructor before jumping in? Then the pathway details give you everything you need. There are three sections you can review to help you decide. As you scroll down the details you'll see a description of each course you will take in order and details about the instructor who will be running that course for you. If you've already begun the pathway, you'll be able to see the percentage complete for each course.
Frequently asked questions
I've already taken some of the courses in the pathway. Do I have to take them again?
No. Any courses you've taken outside of the pathway or as part of a different pathway will be counted across all pathways. So need to repeat yourself!
Do I have to take the courses in the order that they are set?
You can take the courses in any order you like but we've curated
Help Us Improve
Do you feel that there is something missing from the learning summary page? Is this guide missing details? Do you have something to share with us about this feature?
We're always looking to improve our content and features and would love to hear from you. You can get in touch via the Gist or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org